Pages

Thursday, 29 December 2011

Masculine Scarf Pattern


Masculine Scarf Pattern

My dad gets sick in the winter a lot from breathing in the cold air. He has weak lungs like me. I want to make him a scarf for Winter. I know there are a lot of good knitting patterns out there for scarves, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable, masculine scarf pattern for my dad.

I'm a beginning knitter, and I really like to get a skein of Lion Brand Homespun. I don't remember what size needles, but pretty big - 10s maybe? And just do straight garter stitch for as long as the skein goes. I haven't started this winter's pile of scarves yet so I don't remember exactly, but I cast on 14, 16, or 18, and just knit away. No purling even. They turn out plain rectangles with a little bit of texture. Homespun has beautiful colors, too. Browns, burgundies, blues. He'll love whatever you make for him, I'm sure.

There are lots of free masculine scarf patterns available on the internet, if you want to do a search. The following pages have many that are suitable for men or women scarf pattern:

www.knittingonthenet.com/scarves.htm
www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/newscarves2002.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. ♥

Related Posts

adsense mentalis